Needed some distraction from the fact that my sister's visit had come and gone, so while we still had the rental car, we took it to a nearby National Trust site / stately home called "Ickworth." The sheep were aplenty and gardens impressive, so there was something for everyone. I sound like a broken record here, but I am dying to blog about my parents' visit and our France half-term holiday so I need to catch up to keep things chronologically sound.
Hope all is well and that our American friends are family are keeping cool while we continue to wait for summer to set in in England! (It's in the 60s and cloudy as I write!)
![]() |
| This place would be ideal for a grand-scale hide-and-go-seek tournament. |
![]() |
| Excessive doesn't begin to describe it. |
![]() |
| Music & games room |
![]() |
| Checking out the book stash. Bryce wants to know why The Gruffalo isn't on their shelf. |
![]() |
| That's my boy. Get sewing! |
![]() |
| The had loads of ye olde timey games for the kids to try. Here's my biggest kid trying one. |
![]() |
| I like #1 |
![]() |
| I have a new love for hedges. |
![]() |
| Add caption |
![]() |
| Can't help but get all Jane Austen-y when I walk through gardens like this. I expect Mr. Darcy to come prancing around the corner on his horse. |
![]() |
| Don't know what they are but I like them. |
![]() |
| A great place for a family photo... and a private place for Bryce to have a wee, we later learned. |
![]() | |
| Can't help myself. They are just so darn cute. |
















No comments:
Post a Comment