Wednesday, 20 June 2012

A month of rain: Wet playdates, Ste's birthday, and house pics, finally

30 April- 2nd May 2012

April was a VERY wet month.  Record-breaking, in fact.  We got by, got wet, and found ways to enjoy ourselves along the way.

We celebrated Stephen's birthday with a cake and dinner out after the boys hit the sack.  Stephen got a wine tasting as a gift, which we redeemed later in May.  

Spent the next few days getting ready for-- you got it-- the arrival of Grandma & Papa!  The house was sort of in order, so I finally took some pics.  

I swear the next post will be about our special visitors!  XOXO

Mud soup

I look all sweet and innocent...

... but deep down I am a fierce warrior!  Look out!

No, Xan didn't get whacked.  Just needing a cuddle from mum.

Now THAT'S a puddle!

Hmmm, it's nice and dry up here!

Brothers!

This is not our house, for clarification.  But the wisteria was popping up everywhere and I had to take a photo!

"Helping" to make Daddy's birthday cake

Happy and proud Ste on his, um, 29th birthday

The River Cam, creeping up onto the grass and pavement in front of the boathouses.

Our dining room

Living room

Ellis's room, obviously

Bryce's room, temporarily tidy

And the boy himself, anxiously awaiting the arrival of Grandma & Papa!

It works

Our room, nice and bright.  As if it matters.  The boys wake us up before the sun gets a chance to stream in...

No comments:

Post a Comment