Thursday, 23 February 2012

A Week of Firsts

1 Feb- 12 Feb 2012

First time the River Cam got icy.  First snow.  And Ellis's first birthday.

Temps started getting really really cold.  And as Stephen likes to stress, it's a "different kind of cold."  It may have only been in the 20s, but when it's windy and damp, it really gets in your bones.  Of course, I am writing this on a day that got up to a toasty 63, so it seems like ages ago.  Nevertheless, we spent a lot more time indoors than we can usually tolerate, but still managed to get out a bit.

Am anxious to start blogging about our half-term holiday, so I will keep this one brief!

Love to all!  We miss everyone loads and a special shout-out to Aunt Linda & Uncle Alan who just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary (!), Kathryn, Riccardo, and Layla who have a new addition to their family, lil guy Mateo, and to Catherine, John, and Iona who have an as-yet-unnamed little gal addition.  

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Bryce likes to draw the "big bad mouse" from The Gruffalo's Child
His first go at painting on his new easel from Grandma & Papa

First icy River Cam

Handsome Fearnley boys at the International Breakfast put on by Ace Nursery School

Bryce-- face adorned as the Big Bad Mouse-- playing with big kids at the breakfast.

The back garden after about 5" of snow


Working on our Gruffalo snowman (When we got home from Barcelona all that was left were two clementines laying in the front garden.  (His orange eyeballs)


Peeking through someone else's awesome igloo on the Common

Our giant snowball.  Bryce didn't like it so much up there.  Too high.
Goofy mum made a fool of herself trying to climb on top.

Bryce and his buddy, Xan, on a snowy Woodland playdate

These color-coordinated chaps look like they need to be in a kid's catalog

Ellis is giddy about turning one!

...but still "Baby Ellis" to his immediate family and friends in Cambridge!

Life's hard when you're pushed around in a cozy sleeping bag

This is my life.  Ugh, that path is longer than it looks, especially when the wind is blowing and it's below freezing and you're wearing heavy wellies.

It's worth it though, to get out of the house and into the warmth of the library and its cool book train.

Multi-tasking 11.95-month-old

Happy Birthday, Mr. Dimples!  Being snuggled by one of his favorite snugglers, Audrey.

Couldn't resist 1) "Harry the Hedgehog" complete with chocolate fingers for spines or 2) Not having to bake a cake 2 days before vacation.  Thanks, M&S!


I'll eat a little chili, but I'm saving room for FOUR slices of chocolate cake.  (Which didn't stay down in the end, I'm afraid)

Bryce and Emma captivated by Audrey's dramatic book-reading skillz

He just started clapping the Friday prior!  Perfect timing!

Cake slice #1

Cake slice #2

Couldn't help myself.  I mean seriously, they MUST have packaged the clotted cream like this intentionally.

Cake slice #4

I like birthdays!
I like my new ride-on, too!

Bryce leaning in for a smooch from Emma...

"I'll never wash this cheek again!"

Always a challenge to get everyone looking at the camera, especially when we're hopped up on cosmos and chocolate cake



No comments:

Post a Comment